Purpose of the Job
To program executive decisions into departmental goals and ensure that all flight operations are in accordance with the terms, conditions and restrictions of the AOC, and in compliance with applicable international and national regulations and standards.
- Key Performance Areas
- Operational Excellence
- Service Excellence
- Airline Transportation Effectiveness
- Resource and Asset Utilization
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Safety, Security and Quality Management
- Strong asset management skills to ensure full utilisation of both technical and human assets
- Strong leadership skills to foster teamwork, develop and motivate staff, and provide direction, momentum and vision in order to achieve organizational objectives
- Ability to coordinate the provision of management information as input into long term plans for the airline.
- Knowledge and appreciation of support services key processes required to ensure success of the operations division.
- Proven ability to lead in time of crisis and to quickly restore order
- Proven knowledge and application of International laws, legislative frameworks and regulations governing air transportation business
- Ability to implement planned organizational change, adapt to rapidly changing conditions in the operating environment and speedily align programmes and activities in the appropriate direction
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity and establish productive relationships with staff, Government agencies and stakeholders
Degree in Commerce/Business and/plus ATPL and an IATA Flight Operations Management course plus a minimum of 10,000 flying hours as Captain on large aircraft as defined by CAAB requirements.
All applications, comprehensive curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant certificates/licenses and references must be forwarded to the following address not later than 13th March, 2017.
Director, Human Resources
P.O. Box 92
KINDLY NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE RESPONDED TO