The Special Economic Zones Authority (SEZA) is a newly established parastatal organization that has been established under the Special Economic Zones Act No. 13 of 2015. The organization is mandated to establish, develop and manage Special Economic Zones (SEZs) nationally with a view to creating a conducive environment for domestic investment and foreign direct investment (FDI) to grow and diversify the economy, increase export earnings and also facilitate expansion of employment opportunities.
The position will provide all legal and Board Secretarial services to the Authority, as well as, oversee SEZA’s compliance programme.
The incumbent will be responsible for, among other things, the following:
• Providing general legal and board secretarial services to the SEZA.
• Overseeing the development and review of the SEZA compliance programme to ensure SEZA’s adherence to all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
• Reviewing, drafting, and preparing all legal documents including contracts and agreements and assisting user departments on the preparation of agreements and in contract negotiations.
• Recommending legal action where appropriate and representing the Authority in legal matters as required.
• Effectively managing annual budget for the department and ensuring cost effectiveness.
The right candidate will possess the following;
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) and admitted to practice in the courts of Botswana.
• At least eight to ten (8-10) years relevant post qualification experience, five (5) of which should have been spent at management level.
• A professional Company Secretarial qualification such as Chartered institute of Secretaries (CIS) will be an added advantage.
• Analytical and exceptional problem-solving skills.
• Excellent judgment skills and critical decisionmaking skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Assertiveness and decisiveness.
Apply before : Sat Nov 25, 2017