Main Purpose of The Job
The Director of Academic Services oversees the development and implementation of admission, examination and instructional strategies at all BA ISAGO campuses. The Director is instrumental in the development of Teaching and Learning strategies and facilities.
Reports to: Vice President Academic Affairs and Research
- Implements and directs admission and registration for students.
- Implements and directs University Examination processes.
- Implements and directs University instructional strategies and acquisition of instructional material.
- Implements and directs professional development of staff in close collaboration with the Division of Human Resources.
- Working with Deans to identify students who require academic support and who are at risk of losing their scholarship or dropping from the University.
- Management of all databases related to enrolment and Examination issues
- Development and oversight of website and other communication materials related to Academic Services.
- Assist the Vice President Academic Affairs and Research as needed in strategic goal-setting and program/process development.
- A Master’s degree in administration, education or counselling or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Student academic records, management programs and services as well as familiarity with the academic policies of the university.
Key Competences/ Skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities in order to complete assignments within stated deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing priorities and fluctuating workloads.
- Ability to manage staff
BA ISAGO University, a leading private tertiary education institution in Botswana, offers programmes at all levels including post-graduate qualifications. The University is inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for this position tenable at its Main Campus in Gaborone.
Closing date and application instructions
All correspondence to be forwarded to:
Director, Human Resources Department, Private Bag 149, Suite 268, Kgale View Postnet, Gaborone. Tel+267 3957744
Only successful shortlisted candidates will receive a reply after the closing date.
Closing Date: 10th February 2017