The University is inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for the above position tenable at its Campus in Gaborone.
The Director of Teaching and Learning is employed to institutionalise BA ISAGO’s commitment to quality teaching and learning in support of the University’s high level scholarship. A primary aim of the position is to provide leadership and support for emerging learning and teaching technologies and instructional design.
- Oversee the enhancement of teaching, learning and assessment practices in support of the development of teaching, learning and assessment within approved University framework.
- Research, evaluate and implement emerging learning technologies as they apply to instruction and intensify the use of these technologies in the teaching and learning environment.
- Ensure the dissemination of teaching and learning good practice, drawing on international, national and local developments and promoting best practices for teaching and learning as an integral component of University’s strategic plan.
- Promote innovation and support quality assurance in all programme design and delivery for teaching and learning and assessment methods.
- Support academic teaching staff to become effective, creative and responsive teaching practitioners.
Works under the supervision of the Vice-President (Academic Affairs and Research).
Masters Degree in Curriculum Design, Professional Development, Online Education, Education, or a related field. A Doctoral degree will be an added advantage. Experience as an instructional faculty member in higher education, including online instruction and documented evidence of technological expertise in an educational setting, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position.
Closing date and application instructions
Closing Date: 17th November 2017
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
All correspondence to be forwarded to the The Director, Human Resources Department Private Bag 149, Suite # 268, KgaleView Postnet, Gaborone
Tel: +267 3957744 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org