The Special Economic Zones Authority (SEZA) is a newly established parastatal organization that has been established under the Special Economic Zones Act No. 13 of 2015. The organization is mandated to establish, develop and manage Special Economic Zones (SEZs) nationally with a view to creating a conducive environment for domestic investment and foreign direct investment (FDI) to grow and diversify the economy, increase export earnings and also facilitate expansion of employment opportunities.
The position will lead the development and implementation of investment promotion, as well as, develop industry focused strategies and policies to attract and retain businesses and foreign direct investments in the Botswana SEZs
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Developing the investment promotion policy, including the design of incentives, as well as, conducting cost-benefit analysis of proposed incentives, taking into account industry-specific value chain.
• Liaising with Government entities to influence policy changes in order to create a conducive investment environment.
• Developing and executing a coherent strategy for implementation of policies and projects.
• Ensuring consistent application of investment promotion policies.
• Evaluating Botswana’s relative comparative advantage for key industries and developing appropriate industry focussed strategies.
• Liaising with stakeholders to communicate and harmonise SEZA strategy and plans with other entities.
The right candidate will possess the following:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Public Policy, Political Science, or other related field, plus a Master’s Degree in a related field.
• At least 8-10 years of experience in investment promotion, public policy development, economics, management and strategic consulting, or industrial development, five (5) of which should have been at management level.
• Strong experience in evaluating industry development and translating them into development needs and knowledge in industryspecific fiscal and non-fiscal incentives.
• An understanding of tax-related policies and tax accounting would be a plus.
• Ability to liaise with and influence senior government decision makers.
• Highly analytical with exceptional problem- solving skills.
Apply before : Sat Nov 25, 2017