If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.For 70years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.Purpose of the PositionUnder the guidance and general supervision of the Chief, the Education Specialist supports the development and preparation of the Education (or a sector of) programs/projects and for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of progress of education programs/projects within the country program. The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of results on education programs/projects to improve learning outcomes and equitable and inclusive education especially for children who are marginalized, disadvantaged and excluded in society.The Specialist contributes to achievement of results according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM) and UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability framework.
Key Expected Results
- Support to programs/projects development and planning
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- An Advanced University Degree in education, economics, psychology, sociology or other social science field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in education and related areas at the international level, some of which preferably in a developing country is required. Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Leading and supervising
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Relating and networking
- Deciding and Initiating action
- Applying technical expertise
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=508127