Based in northern Botswana, Kendrick Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Chef for an award-winning luxury lodge.
- Management and participation of daily kitchen operations and food production in camp
- Menu planning in line with seasonal availability and trends
- Menu planning in line with dietary restrictions
- Costing, ordering and stock control and any administrative duties
- Training and developing the kitchen team
- Managing, motivating and mentoring staff members
- Tertiary qualifications
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in a remote environment
- Experience in menu planning, stock taking and ordering for 5 star establishment – preferably remote environment lodge type establishment
- Experience in successful staff training and mentoring
- Experience in kitchen team management
- Fully computer literate in Windows suite
- Excellent self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to work harmoniously with management and staff of all levels
- Ability to be resourceful, creative and work well under pressure and unsupervised
- Minimum 3 contactable references
The package on offer is competitive and includes benefits such as accommodation, meals, medical aid contributions and bednights.
To apply please forward your CV, a recent head and shoulders photo as well as your food portfolio.