With an unshakeable commitment to the organisation’s core values, the Executive Director will
lead NCONGO as an active catalyst for change in Ngamiland.
• Develop and execute the strategic vision for NCONGO and work closely with Board of
• Provide strong program, financial, human resource and administrative oversight
• Develop strategic relationships with leaders of Civil Society and Government
• Drive campaigns and sustainability initiatives
• Act as spokesperson for NCONGO and oversee external communication strategy
• Manage Learning and Innovation Site at NCONGO.
• Strategically Develop, plan and implement Projects
• A successful track record of inspirational leadership at medium to senior level preferably
• within local, national or international NGO
• A deep understanding of Botswana and global politics and the ability to influence policy
• Experience in developing strategic plans and long term financial and business policies
• Substantial knowledge of campaigning and advocacy, and a strategic understanding of how
to generate change.
• A Tertiary Degree (graduate level or above)
• Strong computer, ICT and Social Media skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Setswana essential
• Successful track record in project management and implementation
NCONGO is a registered NGO based in Maun with a mandate to coordinate the eff orts and raise
the profi le of the Civil Society in Ngamiland, assist in capacity building of member organizations,
facilitate networking and communication within the region and serve as an advocacy voice for the
NCONGO is a member driven organisation which brings its 68 member NGOs together in order to
create powerful positive change in Ngamiland.
NCONGO seeks the services of knowledgeable, highly skilled and self-driven team playing
individual for the following position at its head quarters in Maun.
Closing date and application instructions
To apply, send your CV and cover letter addressed to Governing Board, Ngamiland Council of
NGOS, P O Box 1995 Maun; with traceable referees by email to email@example.com
Deadline 19 March 2017
Neither Hand deliveries, Post Office deliveries nor telephone correspondence will be entertained.
Shortlisting will be done on EMAILED APPLICATIONS ONLY.