Main Purpose of the Job
To manage the Chief Operations Officer office and provide secretarial services thereto.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend to visitors/clients of the Chief Operations Officer and make them feel comfortable
- Receive telephone calls and correspondences for the Chief Operations Officer
- Attend to queries or refer issues beyond own scope to relevant officers or to Chief Operations Officer.
- Ensure fax machine is in order, receive faxed documents and forward to Chief Operations Officer, and fax documents on behalf of Chief Operations Officer.
- Maintain the Chief Operations Officer’s appointment diary, arrange and remind Him/her of appointments.
- Plan, organise and maintain office library of reference books, magazines, newspaper journals, manuals and other related material for the Chief Operations Officer.
- Advise staff of any meetings with the Chief Operations Officer.
- Issue reminders of Committee meetings to Committee Secretaries and members, and confirm their attendance prior to the meetings.
- Compile and prepare all documents needed by the Chief Operations Officer for his / her meetings, including agenda, minutes and other materials.
- Circulate relevant documents to attendees before meeting with the Chief Operations Officer.
- Make logistic arrangements for meetings (venue, refreshments etc.) Minute meetings, draft and distribute minutes after vetting by the Chief Operations Officer
- Design and adapt file management systems to relevant secretarial work for the Chief Operations Officer.
- Research, collate and summarize information as required by the Chief Operations Officer.
- Computer literate. Experience with systems and applications in the specific work area.
- Record keeping and filing skills, fast typing skills, telephone etiquette, customer care skills.
- Organising and office management skills. Communication and interpersonal skills. Flexibility, dependability and dedication.
Qualifications: Minimum BGCSE level and a higher national diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognised institution or any other equivalent qualification acceptable to HRDC.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years as a Secretary to Senior Management level.
Remuneration: HRDC offers an attractive remuneration package which is commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience.
Method of Application
Applications quoting the post being applied for and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three referees, one of whom should be an employer/most recent employer and/or immediate supervisor (including their telephone numbers and e-mail address where applicable), true and certified copies of educational/Professional certificates and transcripts, and references must be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Human Resources Development Council
Private Bag BR 108, Gaborone
Contact Telephone Number: 3930741
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for all adverts: 3rd February 2017