Our client is of looking for an experienced Company Secretary to oversee the full spectrum of company secretarial functions across the group. The company operates/markets has operations in other African countries. The company is listed on the Botswana Stock Exchange, with a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in South Africa. This position is tenable in Gaborone.
- All responsibilities related to compliance by the Company with the Botswana Companies Act, the South African Companies Act and King III.
- Ensuring compliance by the company and the group with the regulations of the Botswana Stock Exchange and JSE Limited.
- Management of the full spectrum of company secretarial duties to all the Wilderness companies.
- Resolving shareholders queries and enhancing shareholder relations.
- Interpreting and communicating regulatory changes to directors and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring accuracy of directorate submissions and lodging of forms with relevant authorities.
- Assistance with Corporate actions such as; dividend pay-outs, dissemination of announcements, share transfer, buy backs, allotments issue and similar corporate actions.
- Maintaining company statutory and other records and supporting compilation of company annual reports.
- Compilation of Board packs and taking of minutes for the Board and all sub-committees of the Board.
- Bcomm, LLB, registered with a professional body such as Chartered Secretaries of Southern Africa
- 5 years’ experience in a Company Secretary position – experience must be in a listed environment
- Must be willing to travel
To apply for this position go to www.hrmc.co.bw