Atlas Copco Botswana is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of: Field Service Technician: Compressor Techniques.
- Preventative Maintenance and Repairs (85%) – Perform routine, preventative maintenance and repairs on Compressors. Preventative maintenance should be conducted in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations (with regards to schedule and scope). Perform diagnostics on malfunctioning products, determine possible causes for malfunctions, and perform repairs as suggested by diagnostics and assessment. Test and document the proper operating parameters prior to and following preventative maintenance and repairs. Provide walk-through evaluations, and basic system assessments.
- Provide a high level of customer service, responding to customer needs and working to satisfy customer expectations.
- Develop rapport with customers through effective communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism
- Serve as an ambassador for the company
- Train and assist other Service Technicians as requested
- Provide technical support to other departments and personnel as required
- Promote and practice proper safety procedures and correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times
- Maintain a professional image at all times through appearance and personal actions
- Maintain positive company brand through appropriate attention to the appearance of the company vehicle
- Properly store and manage inventory levels and accuracy, to provide quick customer repairs (one visit)
- Recordkeeping and Documentation (10%) – Complete Job Reports, Time Sheets, Expense Reports turned in monthly (minimum), and other job-related paperwork as required.
- Warranty Part Returns (5%) – Return parts replaced under warranty as requested by Technical Support, Quality or Service
- Perform additional assignments as required
3-5 years of technical field service experience maintaining and repairing Compressors and Generators.Demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhaul and repair of a wide variety of compressed air or equipment. Strong mechanical and electrical skills
- Must be comfortable with the computer and be proficient in IBM Lotus Notes
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Solid understanding of mechanical and electrical components
- Extensive overnight travel may be required on short notice
- Available for 24-hour emergency calls
- Diploma in mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Self-Directed; Positive Attitude; Team Player; Organized; Excellent Interpersonal Skills; Excellent Communication Skills (verbal/written);
- Positive Attitude and Service oriented; Analytical Skills; Flexible to Change; Trustworthy; Honest; Responsible
Atlas Copco Botswana (Pty) Ltd is part of the Atlas Copco Group and is dedicated to the sales, service and business marketing of various mining and construction products. The company has a Global reach spanning 180 Countries with over 45 000 employees.
Closing date and application instructions
Closing Date: 17 September 2016. Applications and detailed CVs may be forwarded to:
Powered by Jobs Botswana