To process payments, reconcile and record accounting and financial information into the books of ACHAP, and to also liaise with third parties
Roles and responsibilities
- Maintains staff advances and travel advances to ensure that ACHAP funds are not misused;
- Captures data in designated accounting or ERP systems to facilitate financial reporting and availability of any non-financial information;
- Prepares cheques to ensure ACHAP and ACHAP supported project(s) suppliers are paid on time;
- Captures receipts and payments in the cashbook to necessitate bank reconciliation;
- Passes journals and prepares bank, general ledger and balance sheet reconciliations for ACHAP and other projects;
- Processes travel expenses in the system to clear debtors accounts and to facilitate reconciliation of these accounts;
- Maintains fixed asset register to ensure all physical assets have been accounted for before computation of the monthly depreciation journal;
- Prepares VAT returns, submits and files returns thereof in order to ensure that all VAT claimables for the quarter have been claimed from Tax Authorities; and
- Carries out other financial activities as directed by the supervisor.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree, HND, or Diploma in Finance, Accounting or accounting qualification such as AAT;
- 3 years’ experience in a computerized accounting environment;
- Prior experience working in a donor funded environment will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- Accounting software, spreadsheets, presentation and word processing software;
- Familiarity working with ERPs will be an added advantage.
Application letter and CV should be addressed to the attention: The Human Resources and Administration Manager, Private Bag X033, and Gaborone, Botswana. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications electronically to: email@example.com. Alternatively, they can be hand delivered to:- The African Comprehensive HIV/ AIDS Partnerships (ACHAP) Head Office at Block 5, Plot 64511, Unit 1, Fairgrounds, Gaborone, Botswana.
Closing date for applications: 2nd December 2016