• Partner with the business to ensure that the financial strategy, policies, processes and budgets support the overall strategic direction of the business
• Comply with regulatory and statutory reporting requirements and governance frameworks
• Ensure timeous submission and analysis of required financial information and reports e.g. financial, management and statutory reports
NB: Only Botswana citizens will be considered for this particular position.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead, direct and manage the Financial and Management Accounting functions.
• Strategic partner to Managing Director of the region.
• Review and approval of capital expenditure proposals’ (in line with levels of authority) and monitor total capital expenditure against budget.
• Ensure adoption of financial shared services to the business at agreed service levels with FSSC.
• Financial Risk Assessment and Management.
• Provide input on commercial decisions through financial feasibility assessments.
• Track and report on progress to financial targets.
• Manage performance and employee development.
• Comply with Safety, Health and Environment standards.
• Input and review of budgets/forecasts.
• Liaise with internal/external auditors and co-ordination of year-end audit.
• Prepare accounting papers to address technical accounting matters and financial process controls with recommendations for improvements.
• Prepare Annual Financial Statements in compliance with local accounting regulations.
• Responsibility for compliance with in-country regulations, including taxation, transfer pricing etc.
• Attend to Ad-hoc requests from Group Financial Director or members of Group Finance.
• Ensure good control and regulatory environment
Qualifications & Experience
? CA / CIMA/ ACCA or equivalent qualification
? 8-10 years relevant financial experience, of which a minimum of 5 years on a management level
? In-depth knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) or equivalent
? In-depth knowledge of financial policies, procedures and processes
? Sound knowledge of the regulatory, statutory and compliance frameworks affecting area of responsibility
? Sound knowledge of ERP or SAP systems
? Advanced business report writing skills
? Proficient in MS Office suite
? Presentation skills
? Business risk management skills
? Business planning and strategy development
? Strategic orientation
? Strong analytical skills
? Strong interpersonal skills
? Ability to identify and solve problems
? Sound judgement skills
? Ability to work under pressure
? Leading and managing people
? Communication skills
? Negotiation skills
? Conflict management skills