MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Supervise the processing and evaluation of applications for reimbursements from the Levy Fund, in strict compliance with the Fund rules and regulations as well as established agreements with other stakeholders such as BURS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance and advice to employers and Education and Training providers on the fund.
- Organise and supervise the day to day processing of applications for reimbursements from the fund, as well as accompanying documentation.
- Liaise with BQA to verify the accuracy and authenticity of information on the providers of Education and Training which apply for reimbursements from the fund.
- Check that expenses claimed are in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Fund, and are within the applicable ceilings / limits.
- Review entitlements for disbursement (with supporting forms) computed by Fund Officers and ensure that they are in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and procedures.
- Review applications and submit to the relevant authority (Senior Claims Asses sorHead of Funding or relevant Committee of the Council) for approval.
- Liaise with the Accountant HRD Fund for authorisation of payment for reimbursements and for resolving any queries regarding payment.
- Generate standard reports on applications for claims and reimbursements as requested by the Supervisors
- Analyse and monitor trends and patterns in applications for claims and reimbursements, to identify any (a) over or under utilisation of ceilings, and
- (b) potential fraudulent claims.
- Recommend improvements to the Fund rules and regulations with a view to enhance efficiency and utilization.
- Check files for appeals and send to Manager Claims Assessor and Director of Funding for vetting before submitting to the Appeals Tribunal for investigation / redress.
- Supervise subordinates and manage their work.
- At least a Degree in Finance / Fund Administration from a recognised institution acceptable to HRDC.
Experience and working knowledge
A minimum of 7 years’ experience in fund management preferably within an HRD/ Education and Training environment.
- Knowledge of the sector in Botswana (policies, strategies, legislations and regulations).
- Knowledge of the HRD fund rules and regulations, and levy management processes.
- Computer literate. Experience with systems and applications in the specific work area.
- Creativity, innovation, flexibility and analytical thinking. Results oriented and performance driven.
Method of Application
Applications quoting the post being applied for and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three referees, one of whom should be an employer/most recent employer and/or immediate supervisor (including their telephone numbers and e-mail address where applicable), true and certified copies of educational/Professional certificates and transcripts, and references must be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Human Resources Development Council
Private Bag BR 108, Gaborone
Contact Telephone Number: 3930741
Or email to: email@example.com
Closing Date for all adverts: 3rd February 2017