About this job
As a senior member of the company management team you have the following responsibility:
- General Management of Botswana operations
- Estimating / Planning and Design / Drafting
- Develop and maintain sincere, professional and mutually supportive relationships with customers and their personnel, furthering our Company brand/image.
- Strategic inputs for the sustainability and growth of the company.
- Have a “hands on” approach to all facets of the Business.
- Overall general management of the marketing, estimating, raw material, purchase and control debtors collection, production and quality functions of the division using the time proven techniques of planning, organizing, leading and control.
- Liaison and co-operation with the service functions of accounting, job costing, debtors and creditors.
- Ensure that company assets: stock and wip, equipment, machinery and tools under your control are looked after and maintained cost effectively.
- Ensuring that man hours, materials and consumables are correctly allocated to the respective jobs and contracts. Reviewing job cost sheets and raising queries on misallocation, investigating overruns on labour, material and consumable costs and taking corrective action. Produce monthly reports summarizing each job, their costs and profitability.
- Being proactive to changes in the market place with regards to price, delivery and workload so that adjustments can be made to quoted prices, raw material purchasing and manpower requirements to optimize outputs and minimize costs.
- Ensuring that all transactions are in the best interests of the company and that conditions of offer/acceptance are stipulated/negotiated to minimize debtors’ collection days and satisfy company cash flow requirements.
- Put forward Capital Application Motivations for productivity and growth.
- Enforce the Company’s disciplinary policy, and provide the necessary support the Workshop Supervisors in the enforcement of discipline of the Workshop staff.
- Research and implement various marketing and growth strategies.
- Assist with the research and successful exhibitions at Trade shows.
- Provide the necessary training (internal/external) to ensure efficient running of the Company.
- Formal qualifications in Mechanical or Structural Steel Engineering;
- Experience in Structural Steel fabrication;
- Managing sites with crews of up to 100 Artisans/Welders/Riggers of various skill level;
- Flexibility to travel freely throughout Sub-Saharan Africa
- Being fully computer literate and competent on the relevant computer packages, Auto Cad, Inventor and other relevant software
- Understanding and applying relevant design and manufacturing codes of practice (ASME, API) and standards so that accurate cost estimates and drawings
- Processing estimates and MRP onto the Syspro system
- Compiling detailed Bills of Materials,
- Hands on experience in a Fabrication environment
- People management
- Committed, hard -working, self-motivated with high initiative, irreproachable integrity and honesty, pragmatic, effective, energetic