We are now in search for and experienced General Manager situated in the Okavango Delta in Botswana.
- Overseeing 3 camps in the Okavango Delta
- Management of Stock Control
- Supporting Lodge Managers & Duty Managers in their daily responsibility
- Weekly traveling to the properties to ensure standards are kept – managing equipment / logistics
- Staff motivation and skills development
- Management of Guest Delight Activities
- Understand & Manage Budgets, Finances and GP’s
- Management skills
- Leadership skills
- The ability to motivate staff to deliver remotely
- Good logistical skills
- Good knowledge of Labour Law
- Good knowledge of Food and Wine
- Computer Skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sense of urgency
- Passionate about guest delight
- Attention to detail
- Diligence and self motivation to meet deadlines and keep on top of your job
- Willingness/ability to share information and teach and inspire others
- The ability to co-ordinate the day to day operations of a camp to provide superior service and quality to the guests
- Ability to manage conflict without aggression
- The ability to remain calm under stress
- The willingness to travel between camps
The successful candidate should have an enquiring mind, be methodical, pay attention to detail, be creative, show perseverance and patience, ability to work under pressure, have high energy levels, be flexible, have the ability to overcome obstacles and persist with the task at hand, be decisive and adaptable. If you have the knowledge, skills and required experience, and this sounds like a challenge you are ready for and you are able to relocate and live in the Okavango Delta I would love to hear from you.
Please send me your CV with an recent face photograph, details of three contactable references and a letter motivating your application.
Due to the amount of CV’s we anticipate for this appointment we will only get back to those candidate who are shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.