We are currently looking for an experienced general manager to take over the management of a privately owned 40.000 hectare 4 star lodge bordering the CKGR, Botswana.
– At least 3 years management experience in a 4 or 5 star lodge operation.
– Have experience in dealing with high end clientele.
– Have a unrelenting attention to detail and high standards
– Have good administration skills, good F&B background preferable.
– Have exeptional personal skills with both guests and staff.
– Have strong leadership and organizational skills.
– Have to understand the logistics of working in a remote environment.
– Have a strong passion for the bush and willing to work in a remote area for long periods.
– Fluent in English. Other European languages are beneficial.
– Being an Botswana citizen or having a Botswana workingpermit is preferable, if not, relevant tertiary qualifications (preferably a degree or diploma in hospitality/tourism or similar qualification) are essential for obtaining a workingpermit.
Key areas of responsibility
– Managing the total daily operation of the lodge.
-Overseeing and managing the overall guest experience at the lodge.
– Maintaining a high service ethic and standard across all aspects of the lodge.
– Accounting and basic administration.
– Complete staff management.
– Stock control, ordering and monthly stock reporting.
– Liase with tour operators, bookings agencies and air charters.
– Overseeing and quality control of housekeeping
– Managing and building relationships with key suppliers and agents.
– Basic maintanance.
Start date January 2018
Salary is negotiable on experience, full live in with good accomodation on offer.
Suitable qualified and experienced general managers are welcome to submit their credentials through for consideration.