Famous Brands Botswana is a casual dining and quick service restaurant operating company located in Gaborone and has a staff compliment of approximately 800 people. It is also the Botswana master licensee for Africa’s largest branded foodservice franchisor, Famous Brands limited.
We seek to appoint a suitably experienced and qualified individual as Human Resources Manager to provide leadership and coordination of the company’s Human Resource function.
PURPOSE OF THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER ROLE
- Human Resources Manager Primary Objectives
- Health and safety of the workforce.
- Development of a superior workforce.
- Development of the Human Resources department.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Personal ongoing development.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Developing and execution of a group Human Resources Plan.
- Appointment of key new heads and vacancies within agreed time frames.
- Implementation of a performance management system.
- TEA Status target achievement.
- No industrial action or Labour Department/ Industrial Court action as a result of poor management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development.
- A minimum of seven years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks, organizations and ongoing community involvement, preferred.
- Possess ongoing affiliations with leaders in successful companies and organizations that practice effective Human Resources Management.
Work will require that the individual spend time within the office environment and in the individual restaurants across the network working closely with store management and their teams. Working hours tend to be standard 8am to 5pm but could sometimes include shift or weekend work. There may be a requirement to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
A competitive package is offered to a suitably qualified and experienced candidate.
Applications close Wednesday, 29th November 2017.
Only applicants shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.