5* Game Lodge in Botswana is currently looking for an ENVIROMENTALIST/GUIDE TRAINER to over the management of the Guides/Guest Activities Department and all related equipment and operations of the Game Lodge
This Department consists of 3 x Guest Relations Officers, 1 x Lodge services manager and 18 x Guides. All 22 employees are female. The applicant must have previous experience training female guides and feel comfortable in an all-female environment.
- Qualifications – Minimum 3 year Diploma in environmental/ wildlife management + minimum FGASA level 2 in guiding.
- Salary P 25 000.00 (about US$ 2455.00) per month gross
- Two return flights annually between Kasane and Johannesburg
- 50% Medical aid paid by company on company approved med aid.
- Full board – employee will be provided with house that consists of 1 bedroom, one bathroom, lounge (with basic furnishing) , open plan kitchen with fridge & stove (+ basic utensils).
- Laundry service for uniform, private clothing, linen (provided) twice weekly maid service.
- Applicant must understand that this is a single position – we do not provide for family employment.
- Applicant must have own 4×4 transport, accommodation is about 500m away from lodge in a National Park with lots of wildlife (if he/she does not have a vehicle we will assist in getting one).
Duties (A full Job Spec is available)
- Responsible for the training of the guides at the Lodge as per the joint training programme with BQA accredited training companies and Botswana Wildlife Training Institute according to the standards set out by BQA.
- Constant field training by Environmentalist/Trainer and identification of weak areas of each guide and focused remedial training of these weak areas.
- Ensure monthly testing of guides knowledge via written test & field assessments.
- Monitor day to day running of guests’ activities and transfers. Transfer standard monitoring, always looking at ways to enhance this experience.
- Be at all times acutely aware of our guests special needs and satisfy these where humanly possible ensuring a pleasant stay.
- Ensure vehicle/boat management systems are up to date and monitored. Maintenance records & service intervals are kept accurately and is up to date. Fuel records are maintained accurately and month end readings are done accurately.
- Administration (licensing & user records) and maintenance of all radio equipment used at the Lodge
- Drawing up monthly environmental reports and other related articles for the Chobe Game lodge website
- Ensuring all operational equipment in the Guides and Guest Relations Departments is well maintained, clean and serviceable.
- Liaising with the DWNP and all relevant Government Departments with regards to changes and or updates relating to the operations of the Game Lodge. Attending meetings with General Manager and any other industry related meetings.