The Grand Palm – Handyman – Painter
Peermont Group prides itself on offering our guests exceptional customer service and value for money. At the Grand Palm, the flagship of the Peermont Global Botswana, we always strive to employ and develop individuals that share our values of Respect and Humility, Integrity, Collaboration and Accountability.
As part of this we endeavour to provide opportunities to our employees to develop their careers within the Peermont Group and are therefore proud to offer another career development opportunity for the position mentioned below:
HANDYMAN – PAINTER
• Knowledge of equipment, materials, methods, practices, and tools used in painting trade.
• Ability to properly apply paints.
• Knowledge of and ability to mix paint to match colours.
• Fit and repair Wall paper.
• Prepare & fix gypsum plaster mouldings.
• Repair Plastered Surfaces.
• Paint surfaces, using brushes, spray gun, or paint rollers, and apply paint with cloth, brush, sponge to create special effects.
• Stain, seal, and varnish wood surfaces.
• Minor plumbing and carpentry.
• Performing maintenance and light repairs.
• Assist tradespeople with electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs.
• Other duties could include working in other areas of the maintenance department to provide support during absences or shortage of staff in other trades or to perform duties associated with light construction projects.
• Requires flexibility and understanding that all maintenance staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goals of the Facility Services
• NCC or Trade Test B in Painting & Decorating
• 2 years’ experience in painting field
• Valid LDV driver’s license
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays and on an on-call basis.
• Experienced in implementing safety procedures in the workplace.
• Ability to relate well to the public in a highly visited public space
If you possess all the above:
Please forward your application to:
The Human Resources Manager
Grand Palm Hotel Casino and Convention Resort
Private Bag BR 105
Or E- Mall to: email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday, 25 March 2018
Only shortlisted applications will be responded