We are currently looking for experienced and creative head chef/kitchen manager for a privately owned 4 star lodge bordering the CKGR, Botswana.
– Filled a similar position in a 4 or 5 star lodge in the past.
– Exceptional F&B knowledge and a clear knowledge of detailed stocktaking.
– To think creativily and to prepare meals for all dietary types.
– Excellent personal skills as will also have to act as a host/ess
– Good mangement and training skills.
– Used to working in a remote and isolated environment.
– Team player characteristics are vital.
– Being a Botswana citizen or having a Botswana workingpermit is preferable, if not, relevant tertiary qualifications (preferably a degree or diploma relevant to the industry) are essential for obtaining a workingpermit.
Key areas of responsibility
– Supervision of the kitchenstaff and food preparation, in line with the lodges standard.
– Menuplanning and ordering of correct food items and quantities.
– Quality control of food, food presentation and service.
– Effective stock controlling and administration of orders to minimize shortages and wastage.
– Accomodate all special dietary requests.
– Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen is of the highest standard.
– Effective guest interaction to enhance guest satisfaction.
Start date January 2018
Salary is negotiable on experience, full live in with good accomodation on offer.
Suitable qualified and experienced head chefs are welcome to submit their credentials through for consideration.