The purpose of the job is to:
- Generates Product Insights for Lending products covering
a) Economic Outlook and landscape
b) Competitor activity and analysis
c) Customer needs analysis for the target market and customer segments
- Develops product plan and requirements for Mortgage Products;
- Features and Functionality
- Match features and functionality with the Competition & the Segment CVPs and address any gaps.
- Distribution , Servicing & Marketing strategy
- Risk Appetite
- Regulatory Compliance
- Optimizes price by;
- Setting the pricing of mortgage lending products using the ROE models to optimize profitability of the products
- Price Monitoring: Monitor the interest rates & fees offered to new customers against the approved pricing. Review concession management process. Review portfolio yields & margin report on a monthly basis
- Identifying and curbing any revenue leakage in the products.
- Launches mortgage products through
- Managing the governance process around new product launches.
- Providing input and support into the marketing campaigns
Key responsibilities are:
- Develops, coordinates and implements long, medium and short term strategies to maximize growth and profitability across the business
- Forecasts market and product growth on a long-, medium and short term basis as may be required by the business from time to time
- Formulates, allocates and communicates mortgage lending value propositions and strategies to the whole of Personal Banking
- Monitors trends, identifies areas of opportunities and seeks feedback to facilitate improvements in all aspects of the product, sales, service, operations efficiency, and volume and value growth
- Works with the Segments and Branch Network in order to understand and identify key business drivers, key influences and competitor activity and ensure that we offer solutions that are locally relevant
- Identifies competitive threats and issues; and liaises with other members of PB to develop effective solutions to counter the prioritized issues and threats
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Preferred qualifications are:
First Degree Field of study: Business, Economics, Finance and Accounting
Knowledge and Technical skills required are:
- Advanced Excel; ACCA; and a qualification in Business Intelligence will be an advantage
Experience Description: Extensive knowledge and expertise in financial solutions within the financial services industry. Sound experience and knowledge in Credit and Compliance matters. Experience in people management, leading teams and motivating people.