Job Title : : Head of Internal Audit
Location : : Gaborone, South-East District, Botswana
Apply before : : Tue Apr 03, 2018
Job Type : : Full-time
Experience required : : 8 years
Job category: : Accounting/Finance/Banking
Accountable to the BAMB Board of Directors and the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will be expected to plan, organize and manage internal audit activities of BAMB aimed at ensuring effectiveness and compliance with internal control systems, policies, statutes, standards and procedures.
The incumbent will be responsible for among other things, the following:
- Developing, monitoring and managing the implementation of the organisation’s risk management framework in order to assist with identifying, assessing and prioritizing potential risks, as well as, providing measures aimed at minimizing or eliminating risks.
- Planning, scheduling and managing audit assignments, as well as, preparing audit reports.
- Making recommendations to Management and the Board of Directors through the Finance and Audit Committee on improving on any significant weaknesses in internal control systems and procedures.
- Reviewing effectiveness of internal control systems, procedures and making recommendations to protect the assets of BAMB, as well as, reviewing their utilization and making recommendations to optimize their utilization.
- Ensuring adherence to the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, Accounting Standards, ISO requirements and Code of Ethics, as well as, ensuring the Board’s compliance with laws, regulations and procedures for the promotion of good corporate governance.
- Liaising with external Auditors and the Auditor General and assisting in audit planning and resolving queries.
- Developing, implementing and continuously reviewing internal Audit section’s quality management system (QMS) to enhance the quality of service delivery.
The right candidate will hold an ACCA, CIMA, CA or equivalent professional qualification and be a member of an internationally recognized Institute of Accountants or Auditors, together with a professional membership of the Botswana Institute of Internal Auditors and the Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants. In addition, the candidate will possess a minimum of eight (8) years relevant post qualification experience, three (3) of which should have been spent as an Assistant Internal Auditor preferably in the retail/wholesale sector.
The right candidate must possess the following competencies, among others:
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Problem solving
- Strong commercial acumen
- Information systems auditing skills
Apply before : Tue Apr 03, 2018