To Support the Manager (Branch) in providing effective customer service by managing routine compliance, physical security of the branch and bank assets, query and problem resolution, routine aspects of new business and account maintenance, efficiency of communication channels, relationship maintenance, levels of authority, cost control (budget) as well as management of the service support team. Proactively identify and assess the risks faced by the branch and maintain an effective system of controls to reduce the overall exposure. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Ensure that customer problems and queries are resolved within laid-down time frames to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Ensure reduced numbers of recurring queries of similar nature due to effective root cause analyses and the actioning thereof in terms of standards.
- Ensure that customer needs are anticipated and met through provision of appropriate products and services via the most suitable channel.
- Ensure that opportunities to migrate customers to more appropriate, cost-effective channels are identified and actioned.
- Ensure efficient, customer-orientated switchboard and telephone procedures.
- Ensure that Irregular Items are actioned daily.
- Ensure that sufficient stocks of debit cards are held to satisfy customer needs.
- Ensure that sufficient stocks of debit cards are balanced on a Monthly basis.
- Ensure that Treasury cash limits are adhered to.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice in line with KYC requirements.
- Ensure proper record keeping.
- Identify major risks affecting the support function and ensure the necessary steps are taken to measure, monitor and control these risks.
- Ensure maintenance of an effective control structure, with control activities defined at each level and duties appropriately segregated.
- Monitor internal controls to ensure their adequacy and effectiveness.
- Maintain a culture within the support area that emphasises and demonstrates the importance of internal control to all staff.
- Ensure that all routine controls relating to new business are applied effectively, with particular emphasis on routine compliance.
- Ensure effective compliance with agreed limits of authority and levels of access to systems and information.
- Provide an effective administrative function for the branch.
- Ensure overall operational readiness and efficiency of the branch infrastructure including premises, ATMs, systems and physical security requirements.
- Ensure efficient workflow from the branch to POD and OPC.
- Ensure overall staff complement is in line with productivity measurements.
- Ensure that bank assets are controlled in terms of standing instructions.
- Ensure effective management of revenue and expenditure, with emphasis on the containment of controllable costs.
Ensure effective management of subordinates resulting in compliance with the Code of Banking Practice, internal controls and overall well-being of staff.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Institute of Bankers or related qualification would be an advantage.
- 5 Years branch banking experience, with exposure to all areas under control.
- People management experience.
- Sound knowledge of bank’s laid-down policies and procedures relating to all areas under control.
- Knowledge of Branchpower version 7 and bankmaster in relation to own area of responsibility
- Knowledge and understanding of the Area sales and service strategies.
- Thorough knowledge of the products and services applicable to the local market/s.
Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.