Orange invites candidates who wish to be part of a dynamic workforce to apply for the above mentioned position.
Reporting to the Engineering Lead, the successful candidate will be tasked with proposing Engineering technical solutions related to IN, VAS, billing, CRM & IT infrastructure.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- To propose high level solution for concerned IN/VAS, Billing Platforms, CRM & IT infrastructure
- Provide inputs for development, produce detailed and comprehensive network designs for all job purpose platforms.
- Follow rollout strategy and key technology projects
- Determine traffic and capacity requirements for all job purpose platforms
- To prepare TCO and financial impacts for each solution
- To refer to Strategic Plan to propose all necessary studies
- To propose high Level Engineering studies for concerned job purpose platforms.
- Ensure that designs are fully implemented and correctly integrated in the live network
- To work closely with Group in order to get benefit of solutions already studied or tested
- Specify hardware/software requirements for installation
- To get benchmark from other affiliates on demand
- Cooperate with other ITN departments/ Group to make sure the designs are fully executed as per the designs
- To remain updated about technical trends solutions proposed by Suppliers
- Interact with ITAB & TMC teams in assisting with fine tuning of systems operations to maintain desired quality
- To assess solutions proposed by Suppliers and adjust it in order to make compliant with OBW objectives & Group Strategy
- Plan the growth of the job purpose platforms
- To prepare different technical scenarios in order to validate the best technical and economical solution
- To include OPEX consequences as part of solution validation
- Produce necessary reports
- To get input from the Business, ITAB, TMC and SMC in order to include operational constraints in technical solution
- Use of provided tools for network design & dimensioning
- To contribute to yearly budget preparation
- To work closely within SEBD/Engineering in order to ensure that all technical domains and solutions are coherent
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Electronic/Electrical/Telecommunication/IT or Equivalent
- Minimum experience: 3 years in the field
- Certificate in Project Management will be an added advantage
- Excellent understanding of telecom/ business operations
- Understanding the connectivity of network elements
- Understanding of centralised customer care functions
- Understanding of Unix/ Linux/ Windows platforms
- Good understanding of IT Networks
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team player
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements can submit their applications, updated CV and certified copies of their academic certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject window on email should only contain the title of the position being applied for.
Closing date: 22nd July 2016.
Kindly note, that Orange Botswana shall only correspond to short-listed candidates.
Powered by Jobs Botswana