SIR KETUMILE MASIRE TEACHING HOSPITAL VACANCY – INFORMATION & COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES MANAGER
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 6 OF 2017
Sir Ketumile Masire Teaching Hospital invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the position of the Information and Communications Service Manager.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
The hospital is a newly built 450 bed government owned private quaternary teaching hospital located within the University of Botswana, Gaborone, Botswana. The institution exists to provide excellence in Health Professions Education, Research and Patient Centred Clinical Care.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The main purpose of the job is to develop, plan and direct public relations programs designed to create and maintain strong relationships with media houses and favourable public image for Sir Ketumile Masire Teaching Hospital.
• Manages, coordinates and provides leadership and administrative direction in the provision of Information & Communications Services.
• Coordinates the development of the Communication Strategy.
• Develops, maintains and updates communication policies and procedures that govern the department and SKMTH.
• Develops, implements and maintains ongoing quality assurance programs
• Participates in surveys authorized by SKMTH executive management.
• Budget for the department and expends funds within authorised limits
• Creates marketing and promotional materials, literature and other forms of communication for SKMTH.
• Recommends, implements and maintains site design and operation.
• Creates thought leadership materials.
• Creates and delivers press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, social media content, and speaking proposals.
• Prepare briefing materials and speeches for SKMTH management.
• Coordinate conferences, trade shows, press interviews, scheduling and logistics.
• Advises on human resource requirements for the department and promotes continuous professional development for departmental personnel.
The applicant should at least have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Public Relations and Marketing; Media & Communications; Journalism & Public Relations; Strategic Public Relations & Communications Management
• A Master’s Degree in any relevant field will be an added advantage
• 6 – 8 years of experience in the Public Relations field
• At least 2 years of experience as a Public Relations Officer in a hospital setting will be an added advantage.
Prospective candidates must be able to demonstrate ability and effectiveness in the following:
• Confident with good communication and Influence impact
• Active listening and coordination
• Negotiation and persuasion
• Ability to collaborate cross-departmentally and internationally
• Enjoys working in a fast paced environment
• Cool and calm under pressure
• Professional and relaxed mentality
• Critical thinking, judgment and decision making
• Complex problem solving
• Team leadership and initiative
• Empathetic and interpersonal relations
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The organization offers competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with the responsibilities.
All applicants should submit the following documents below:
a) Certified copies of certificates
b) Submit at least three (3) recent (not more than 3 months old) work related references. Please include names and contact details of referees
c) Curriculum Vitae
d) Purpose Statement
e) Certified copy of the National Identity Card/Passport (for non-citizen)
Applications should be addressed to:
Human Resource Management Office
Private Bag 001, UB Post Office,
Or hand delivered at:
Sir Ketumile Masire Teaching Hospital,
Human Resource Management Office, Office 5018/5007, Gaborone
Or emailed to: email@example.com
Faxed applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants will be responded to. If you are not contacted within one (1) month from the closing date of the advert, kindly consider your application NOT successful.
For further information, please contact:
Human Resource Management Office at: +267 3908645/3908498
CLOSING DATE: 30 November 2017
NB: Applications from serving public officers should be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will be not considered.