The Special Economic Zones Authority (SEZA) is a newly established parastatal organization that has been established under the Special Economic Zones Act No. 13 of 2015. The organization is mandated to establish, develop and manage Special Economic Zones (SEZs) nationally with a view to creating a conducive environment for domestic investment and foreign direct investment (FDI) to grow and diversify the economy, increase export earnings and also facilitate expansion of employment opportunities.
The Job Purpose
Reporting to Director Shared Services, the candidate would be expected to ensure effective availability of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) services within the Authority.
The position will be responsible for among other things the following:
• Ensuring availability of ICT hardware and software to facilitate effective operations.
• Providing effective end-user support services and ensuring that all IT problems are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
• Developing, monitoring and controlling database systems to ensure easy access and retrieval of database information.
• Participating in the development of business requirement documentation, business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for ICT projects and business optimization initiatives through ICT.
• Resolving issues such as system failures, internet downtime and data recovery after computer failures.
• Ensuring backups are conducted according to the back up policy
• Controlling the security and movement of IT equipment.
The right candidate will possess the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in ICT or related field.
• Minimum five (5) years post qualification experience in an ICT environment, three (3) years of which should have been in a supervisory position.
• Service orientation.
Apply before : Sat Nov 25, 2017