DFID Research Advisory Group (RAG) member vacancies
DFID is seeking to fill key vacancies on its independent external RAG. Candidates should have expertise and experience in following areas of science for International Development:
- Health Research – Infectious disease; global health; health systems; and social determinants of health
- Agriculture Research – Sustainable agricultural; food systems and security; resilience to climate change; and technologies to increase productivity
- Climate, Water, Energy Research – Climate and water; clean energy and infrastructure; biodiversity, ecosystems and environment; resilience to natural hazards and disasters; and innovation and technology
- Growth Research – Economic development; job creation in low income countries; education and skills development
- Humanitarian Research – Humanitarian innovation; protracted crisis (incl. forced displacement); and resilience to crisis (natural hazards and man-made)
- Education Research – Education systems; skills; and technology for education
- Governance, Conflict and Social Development Research – Drivers of conflict; strengthening systems on taxation, accountability, security and justice; extremism, corruption and irregular migration; violence against women
- Data for Development – Big data research and evidence priorities to deliver the Global Goals; innovative digital approaches to new and existing data sources; policy-relevant research in big data and open data; generation and use of disaggregated open data; understanding the global statistical system
The RAG provides independent scientific advice to the DFID and reports to the DFID Chief Scientific Adviser. The provision of independent scientific advice by the RAG assists DFID to assure the quality and appropriateness of Research and Evidence Division’s research portfolio for DFID’s objectives. The current RAG membership consists of 12 senior international academics. The Group is chaired by the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Cambridge.
Specific vacancy information (PDF, 319KB, 14 pages) – including how to apply
Closing date for applications is 5pm (UK time) on 31 October 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held in November 2016.
Powered by Jobs Botswana