Main Purpose of the Job
Working under the Finance Manager, ensures that payments are received promptly and efficiently from learners and other clients
of the University in order for the University to achieve its mission.
Key Performance Areas
• Monitors the Accounts Receivable and general ledger activities covering all revenue accounts to ensure that the University
receives all payments that are due from its clients.
• Oversees the billing department activities to ensure that clients are notified promptly of any revenues owed to the University
so that they could make timely payments.
• Confirms that invoices, bills and statements are promptly passed to the appropriate office for documentation in accordance
with University procedures.
• Ensures collection of all money owed to the University as efficiently as possible to strengthen the income earned and enable
University operations to be carried out effectively. This includes cash management and reporting.
• Manages and reconciles Student Debtor and bank accounts timely.
• Prepares the Budget and periodic reports timely and ensures that financial statements are compiled in accordance with
University standards as well as IFRS.
• Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
• Part – qualification ACCA/CIMA. Professional (final level) ACCA/CIMA qualification added advantage.
• 5 years’ experience in a computerised computing environment.
• Ability to prepare financial accounts, budgets and cash flow forecasts.
• Ability to analyse complex financial information and produce reports.
• Knowledge of computerised accounting.
• Good interpersonal skills.
Director, Human Resources
Botswana Open University
Private Bag BO 187
Closing date: 24th January 2019