The company is looking for a self-driven, results oriented individual who will blend well with the team and offer Mmila superior service through the office of Finance and Administration as a Benefits & Contributions Officer.
Main Purpose of The Job
Reporting to the Fund Administrator, you will be responsible for implementation and maintenance of data management control in order to ensure member data integrity. You will also comply with and suggest improvements to system of internal controls.
Key Performance Areas
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing of member related transactions, including contribution receipts, benefit payments, transfers in and out.
- Ensures maintenance of complete and up to date member records (including but not limited to personal data, certificates of existence, fund credit values etc.)
- Ensures all member fund credits are correctly priced based on unit prices received from fund actuary
- Processing of the pensioner payroll
- Verifies calculations of tax deductions for all benefits prior to submission to BURS
- Prepares monthly reconciliations (exits, engagements, contributions and pensioners payroll), and assists Finance with the general ledger reconciliations
- Other reconciliation, maintenance and administrative ad-hoc functions as assigned by the Fund Administrator
- Ensure queries and rejected payments are investigated and resolved
- Ensures delivery according to SLAs
- The ability to deal with pressure situations, identify bottle necks and resolve these timeously and cost effectively
- Attention to detail, with numerical skills
- Ability to work to meet tight deadlines, and within a small dynamic team
- Strong ethics and commitment to integrity
- Adequate computer skills, including but not limited to ACCPAC,MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Knowledge of Pension Administration systems will be an added advantage
- Customer focused approach
- Communication skills – be able to communicate clearly with staff and Senior Management
- To be knowledgeable about the industry and staying abreast of latest developments
Minimum Qualification And Experience Qualifications
- Related Experience; A minimum of 5 years post qualification
- Accounting experience in the Financial services industry (Pension Administration) will be an added advantage
- Minimum qualification-AAT, Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Part qualification or near completion of CIMA/ACCA/BICA will be an added advantage
- Company Profile
Mmila Fund Administrators (Pty) Ltd (Mmila) is a wholly owned Debswana Pension Fund (DPF) subsidiary company, which is in the business of offering pension fund administration services to the Retirement Funds industry. Mmila Fund administrators provides an array of fund administration and consultancy services, with highly skilled and a self-driven team of a high performance organizational culture.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Closing Date and Application Instructions
Closing Date: 26 July 2019