Purpose and Statement of Work
The Bookkeper will assist the Finance and Operations Manager to review payment requests and issue cheques for approved payments, facilitate bank reconciliations, manage financial records, and process cash/cheque deposits to the bank. The Bookkeeper will also support a variety of other administrative and accounting tasks as directed.
- Review payment requests to ensure completeness, authorization and a variety of supporting documents
- Assist with compiling documents and transactions for VAT submissions
- Scan supporting documentation monthly and ensure that all documentation is shared with the Home Office
- Assist with preparation for external file audits and those conducted by Home Office
- Support maintenance of project inventory to ensure that the value of all items is booked in
ABACUS under inventory accounts match the total value indicated in the inventory report
- Conduct any other assignments as requested by Finance and Operations Manager
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, financial auditing, business administration, and/or a related field and/or two years of relevant work experience.
- Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants (BICA) membership is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, theories, practices and terminology
- Excelled communication and interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail and proficiency in English (spoken and written) is required
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft programs (Excel, Word)
Closing date and application instructions
FOR P70 we can design and write a perfect CV for you. Cover letter for P30
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
Please send a CV and a brief cover letter in English in the email body to PSMBotswanaRecruit@chemonics.com
Please submit one application per candidate. No telephone enquiries, Please. Finalists will be contacted.
Closing date for the position is: July 20, 2018