Botswana Investment and Trade Centre is a national Investment and Trade Promotion Agency with the mandate of national investment promotion, trade and export development activities as well as nation branding as key components of the national economic diversification strategy.
BITC attracts professionals who relish challenge, strive for excellence and have a passion for delivering outstanding service and operational efficiency. An exciting job opportunity exists for you to be part of the BITC team to deliver on the current strategy. BITC invites seasoned professional Botswana Citizens to apply for the below mentioned positions that exists at the Head Office in Gaborone.
1. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, INVESTMENT PROMOTION
Main purpose of the job
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the incumbent will market investment
and business opportunities in order to attract domestic and foreign direct
investment into Botswana’s targeted growth sectors. They will also perform
general management and leadership duties including human resources
management, finance and procurement management.
Key Performance Areas
• Leads the strategic planning process that positions the organisation to deal
effectively with emerging and changing trends.
• Ensures that BITC maintains its competitive edge in the global market.
• Responsible for promoting investment opportunities in Botswana, attracting
both domestic and foreign direct investment into targeted growth sectors in
the country and providing information to assist in advocating for changes in
the investment climate in Botswana.
• Translates strategies into operational plans through the management team,
and monitors implementation.
• Communicates with key government stakeholders to advance the agency’s
goals and agenda; including enagement with key relevant ministries, business
associations, politicians and “thought leaders” to assist in building coalitions
• Promote performance driven commercial culture within Investment
Promotion – adopt a less bureaucratic but efficient management style and
ensure it is delivered by the departmental management team.
• Helps to create and position BITC as the one source for investors and be a single
point of contact for all investor related information by
(a) coordinating and participating in business missions so as to facilitate
mission success and
(b) following up on all generated business interests and refers to relevant
management or departments.
• Cross- Cutting Business Orientation
• Showing Resilience,
• Evaluating Strategic Problems
• Driving Strategic Change
• Creating Organisational Innovation
• Investigating Strategic Issues
• Customer Relations, Stakeholder Management and Quality Orientation
• A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management,
Economics, or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the Centre.
• Eight (8) years experience in strategic planning, project management and high
level coordination of organizational excellence .
• Strategic Leadership with emphasis on corporate planning, organizational
development and performance improvement.
• Knowledge of laws, legal codes, government policy and regulations.
2. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, STRATEGY & COMPETITIVENESS
Main purpose of the job
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent shall be responsible
for leading in the determination of BITC’s strategy to attract Foreign Direct,
encourage domestic investments and stimulate exports in the priority sectors
and markets, in collaboration with BITC key stakeholders and the respective team
members of Investment Promotion, Export Development, Business Facilitation,
Brand Management and Marketing and Communication units, based on extensive
market/sector analysis and macroeconomic environment analysis.
Key Performance Areas
• Provide leadership through provision of comprehensive market/sector and
macroeconomic environment analyses, and BITC’s strategy development and
performance review processes.
• To create a strong and focused Policy Advocacy Strategy and assist in the
development of Botswana’s advocacy priorities.
• To oversee the BITC strategy planning process and performance review cycle
on behalf of the CEO and senior management of BITC.
• Analysis to understand investors emanating from core industry sectors, and
identify current and future trends in priority economic sectors. Core sectorbased
research and strategic planning.
• Strategic Thinking
• Critical and Analytical Thinking
• Team Leadership
• Budgetary and Financial Control
• Innovation and Initiative
• Assertive and Decisive
• Influence and Impact
• A Master’s Degree and/or professional qualification in business related course.
• Ten (10 ) years’ total work experience, five of which should have been at
Management level, with three years’ experience at Senior Management/
Executive level in a successful international business oriented organisation.
• proven economic and industry sector experience at senior management or
strategy level in economic development is an advantage.
3. MANAGER, TRADE PORTAL
Main purpose of the job
Reporting to the Executive Director, Export Development and Promotion, the
incumbent is expected to provide leadership of the Botswana Trade Portal staff as
well as to direct the preparation of operational reports about the administration
and management of the Portal for consideration by the Executive Director, Export
Development and Promotion and make the necessary decisions to direct the
Key performance areas
• To coordinate the process of collecting and uploading of trade-related
information (laws, regulations, measures, news, announcements, tariff, etc.),
into the Botswana Trade Portal for public viewing in a timely manner.
• Keep the business community informed about the various developments
taking place in Botswana in terms of trade facilitation which will require new
or updated information to be published, and pro-actively identify the potential
sources of information.
• Direct the development and agree on protocols format, form and manner the
information communicated on the Portal should take.
• To be the focal person for all Government agencies in identifying and collecting
data for uploading on the Trade Portal.
• Monitor performance and availability of the Trade Portal on a regular basis and
report and technical issues encountered.
• Plan the organization and delivery of Trade Portal awareness seminars and
other promotional activities.
• Providing Leadership
• Building Strategic Relationships
• Interpretation & Problem Solving
• Planning, Organising Business Data Collection & Analysis
• Technical Knowledge (International Trade)
• Presentation Skills & Communication Skills
Educational qualifications and experience
Degree/Professional qualification in Business field or equivalent plus six years of
relevant experience, preferably in the relevant business sector.
Only applicants who meet the above job requirements should apply and should
enclose their CVs, names and contact details of two referees. Applications should
be addressed to:
The Executive Director, Shared Services
Botswana Investment and Trade Centre (BITC)
Private Bag 00445
Or emailed to [email protected]
Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be called for an interview.
Applications should be received by 22nd June 2018.