REF: 1 of 2018
Date: 12th June 2018
Botswana Retired Nurses Society (BORNUS) is a non- profit-making Organization which provides HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Support to People Living with HIV (PLHIV) and Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) in the community.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Community health Workers.
Main purpose of the job: To conduct outreach education / counselling sessions with HIV/AIDS Prevention messages and do home visits and follow-ups.
Compliments of the New Year to all Jobs Botswana Subscribers.
Get your CV and Cover letter done for P100.
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
Accountable/ Reports to the: Nurse Counsellor
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your roles and Responsibilities include:
1. Conduct home visits and follow-ups to Community Home Based Care (CHBC), Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) clients and other chronic illness.
2. Provide information and communication education on key on key drivers of HIV & AIDS.
3. To assist People Living with HIV & AIDS to develop their own HIV risk reduction plans and provide periodic follow-ups for guidance until they graduate from the risk.
4. Maintain confidentiality on all matter pertaining to clients’ illness, treatment and family relationships.
5. Work closely with other stakeholders for management of clients and referrals.
6. Responsible to meet targets timely as set by the supervisor.
7. Submit reports on a weekly basis.
8. Participate in screening of Social Transformation & Empowerment Projects (STEPS) films.
9. Participate in wellness activities in conjunction with other staff members.
10. Participate in workshops, trainings and attends meetings as requested by management.
11. Participate in fundraising activities for the Centre.
12. Under the supervision of the Nurse Counsellor, conduct home visit to palliative care clients and provide care and support.
13. Keeps inventory of equipment entrusted to them and report any damages and loss immediately to the Nurse Counsellor.
14. Undertakes any other related duties at the exigency of the service.
• Interested candidates should at least have completed BGCSE Certificate
• At least Certificate in Health Promotion or any related field.
• 1 year relevant work experience will be an added advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Interested candidates must possess the following skill and competences:
• Attentiveness to detail.
• Hard worker.
• Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with the community
• Good listener
• Fast paced-decision making
• Be organised.
• Ability to speak fluently in public.
• Knowledgeable about health related issues.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements must quote the vacancy Ref. No and provide typed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of certificates, Omang and a minimum of two (2) related references.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Officer
Botswana Retired Nurses Society
P.O Box 301729
OR Hand delivered to Botswana Retired Nurses Society, Mafitlhakgosi ward, Tlokweng, Plot 5876, Next to The Dream Centre Day Care Centre.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Hand written applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 21st June 2018, by 5pm.
NB: Mondays to Thursdays we open at 8am to 5pm, Fridays we open at 8am to 2pm