About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
“Ensure you remain alert of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: Identifying your customer, know your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers”.
Sales and Business Acquisition
· Agree Branch Budgets and aim to achieve and exceed them through proper and focussed delegation to Staff
· Monitor sales daily and put in place remedial plans
· Drive to defend existing customer base as well as drive to acquire new customers
· Cross Sell new and existing products and services to existing and prospective customers
· Tele-consult customers for potential and new business
Compliance & Control and Premises(Operational Risk Management):
· Ensure all the tools for Operational Risk Management (KCS, KRI, ORSA) are in place, understood, performed and adhered to.
· To take overall high level responsibility of premises, inventory, stationery and security in the Branch
· To take full control of Key Control Standards (personally) and co-ordinate their departmental modifications and make sure they are understood and adhered to
· To ensure that the Branch has all the necessary Books of Reference e.g. Digest etc and that these are understood and adhered to.
· Ensure you remain alert to risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s effort in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: identifying your customer, customer due diligence, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
· Ensure you remain alert of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: Identifying your customer, know your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers”
· Ensure your staff are trained in combating money laundering.
· Set and Monitor Branch Services Standards
· Delivery of high standard of service to customers-( Put tracking measures in place)
· Attend/Monitor resolution of customer complaints and aim for 24 hours turnaround time.(Maintain a proper and comprehensive Complaints Register)
· Maintain cleanliness and good appearance of the Branch and Staff
Credit Administration and Control
· Comply with Credit Policy and Product Programs.
· Exercise good credit administration and control to prevent frauds and losses particularly as regards the management of overdrafts
· Manage front end credit collection
· Carry out a thorough staff competency model (LDP)
· Create a comprehensive Training and Staff Rotation Plan and adhere to it
· Put in place a clear and easy to understand Performance Appraisal System to facilitate rewarding good performance
· Create a good communication system and channels to facilitate easy and clear flow of information –Up ,down and lateral
· Manage staff leave, and over time
· Manage staff complaints discipline and grievance resolution
COMPLIANCE RISK MANAGEMENT
. Provide the day to day liaison between country compliance & their business areas.
. Assigned in each business to address day to day compliance matters on behalf of business heads.
. Provide adequate support to staff responsible for undertaking business monitoring/testing, e.g guidance on scope, quality &content of monitoring.
.Ensure the organization of compliance related training (e.g. CRM framework, code of conduct, local laws, etc).
.Ensure the business reports, generated as part of the on going business monitoring/testing are circulated.
.Coordinate any inspections by external authorities within the business.
HEALTH & SAFETY
· Ensuring employees complete mandatory H&S e-learning (Safety, Security & Environment).
· Providing adequate information, training, instructions and supervision to members of staff regarding H&S.
· Completing relevant risk assessments and mitigating identified risks.
· Ensuring employees discharge their H&S related responsibilities appropriately.
· Ensuring that risks in their areas of control are identified and managed appropriately within the Bank’s risk appetite.
HANDLING OF PRIME KEYS
You are responsible for ensuring the safekeeping, confidentiality and proper use of keys, combination lock-settings and passwords which are under your control
Our Ideal Candidate
- A University Degree in relevant subjects plus 5 years Banking experience.
- Minimum Associate Diploma in Banking/or Post Secondary qualification in Banking plus 10 years Banking Experience OR COSC with a minimum of 15 Years experience in Banking.
- A good appreciation of the Functional Business and Support Divisions and their interdependencies and inter relations in the Bank.
- Good interpersonal and communication skill
- Sound knowledge of general banking law & practices
- Experience in Credit-Lending
- Experience in Credit-Lending, collections and risk management
- Excellent leadership and team building qualities
- Sound people management skills
· Thorough understanding of Branch Sales , marketing and operations
· Good and thorough knowledge of Bank Products and Services
· Self motivation and ability to work with minimum supervision
· Computer Literacy
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.