Orange invites candidates who wish to be part of a dynamic workforce to apply for the above position.
Reporting to Director-Strategy, Performance and Transformation, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the data quality and integrity of BI data sources and ensuring BI platforms availability to end users
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the accessibility and availability of data from various sources that feed Business Intelligence platforms.
- Produce periodic recon reports to ensure data quality between source systems & BI systems.
- Automate ETL process for data sources flowing into BI reporting systems.
- Ensure timely delivery of ad-hoc reports to stakeholders.
- Ensure accessibility and availability of Business Intelligence platforms to end users.
- Perform day to day operations and maintenance tasks that improve data source quality and build confidence in the data sources.
- Perform data reconciliations between data source systems and Business Intelligence platforms and ensure the source data is equivalent to collected data.
- Monitor CDR dashboard and distribute to relevant stakeholders
- Integration of new business services and data flows
- Secure an efficient user support on day to day activities (data quality issues, possible discrepancies, understanding issues, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and fix reporting operations problem or liaise with vendors or 3rd Party support to fix anomalies through the incident management process.
- Put in place controls that can highlight any risk in revenue trends that might possibly impact yearly revenue projections and communicate deviation to management and Business Intelligence team.
- Manage all BI servers and data backup in coordination with IT
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of database technologies and understanding of data modelling/ETL.
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (SQL, java, python/php, .Net)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel.
- Good knowledge of business intelligence reporting tools.
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux Operating Systems
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Business Information Systems.
- 2 years’ experience in a telecommunications environment with emphasise in Business Intelligence.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements can submit their applications, updated CV and certified copies of their academic certificates to:
The subject window on email should only contain the title of the position being applied for.
Closing date: 20th December 2019
Kindly note, that Orange Botswana shall only correspond to short-listed candidates.