Bummhi is a citizen led and governed non – governmental organization providing health systems strengthening services to the Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOHW). BUMMHI is an implementing partner of the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), through which it provides PEPFAR – funded HIV care and treatment technical assistance to MOHW.
Bummhi is advertising positions for multi-disciplinary teams that will work towards strengthening the HIV care and treatment cascade. These teams will contribute to the attainment of UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals for the achievement HIV epidemic control in Botswana and be deployed in the following districts: Gaborone, Goodhope, Moshupa, Kanye, South East, Kweneng East, Kgatleng, Mahalapye, Palapye, Serowe, Francistown, and Tutume.
Position Title: Case Manager (78 positions)
Reports To: Service Delivery Specialist
Location: Districts listed
The Case Manager will ensure linkage to care and treatment, barrier counselling, and adherence support at facility. This role will be based in an identified health district in Botswana. The functions described below may be divided among multiple people in high volume facilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide information, education, communication, and counselling services to address issues that affect community health
- Link newly identified and lost to follow-up HIV positive clients to treatment
- Prepare clients for HIV treatment initiation by providing adherence counseling, education, and documentation
- Provide barrier counseling and follow-up for patients that delay initiation of treatment
- Provide referrals to higher levels of care for client with clinical or psychosocial barriers to initiation of HIV treatment
- Conduct phone calls and home visits as needed to support clients to link to HIV care and treatment services
- Work with health care facilities to update client status and contact information
- Work closely with other community and health care partners to facilitate linkage to treatment of all HIV positive patients
- Provide Positive Health Dignity and Prevention (PHDP) services to those living with HIV and new on treatment
- Provide treatment support both pre-ART and post-ART both in the facility and the community
- Participate in mobilization activities
- Provide health talks
- Participate in data review of team and district performance data and contribute to the development of improvement initiatives
- Prepare and submit required reports on patient linkage to treatment
- Escort identified HIV patients from wards to HIV points of treatment
- Check availability of viral load results in patient charts and flag files that are missing results or have detectable viral load
- Collaborate with Health Education Assistants to ensure that all wellness cards for babies are checked for HIV status to ensure that all HIV exposed infants are tested for HIV at 6 weeks
- Diploma or Certificate in any health-related course
- Speaks both Setswana and English well
- Basic knowledge of HIV management, counselling skills
- JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
i. All applications should be submitted electronically to [email protected] indicating the position applied for on the subject line.
ii. Applications should include 2 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone number(s) and email address.
iii. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
iv. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job.
v. Job related qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
vi. All applicants should include daytime phone number contact information
vii. Deadline for application is Friday, September 25th, 2020, 13:00 Hours, Botswana Time. Applications will be considered on rolling basis until the position is filled.
viii. Bummhi is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other personal status.
ix. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.