Job title: Country Manager
Company: Africa Personnel Services (Pty) Ltd
Reference # CM
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Gaborone, South East, Botswana
To deliver APS Botswana’s Branch sales growth and profitability targets, by ensuring that the customer is at the heart of everything we do. To successfully manage all operational initiatives and processes by effectively implemented and executed in a sustainable way, and by identifying, developing and coaching, and retaining a highly competent and energized branch team, who take ownership and accountability for their business operations.
– Management – Country Managers will oversee all aspects of business operations, including recruiting and training staff and maintaining budgets
– Regional expertise – Country Managers must also possess a deep understanding of their country’s local politics to enforce laws and regulations
– Strategic planning – another key part of this role is using research to develop brand strategies and implement them to promote company products and services
Job Functions Management
Industries Consulting Services
1. Financial Management
•Review financial statements of the previous year in order to plan for the new financial year to improve profitability
•Prepare and control operational budgets
•Control inventory (PPE/ Office Stationery)
•Plan effective strategies for the financial wellbeing of APS.
•Schedule expenditures and initiate corrective actions.
•Review and approve all operational invoices
2. Coordination and Supervision
•Prepare and complete action plans of OPSO
•Monitor their workflow and implement changes where necessary
3. Best Practices
•Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals
•Implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output
•Monitor adherence to rules, regulations, and procedures
4. Human Resources
•Plan the use of human resources
•Organize recruitment and placement of required staff
•Delegate tasks and accountabilities
•Establish work schedules
5. Supervise all department staff
•monitor and evaluate the performance
•Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to standard complaints, customer service, or accidents and mishaps on-site. In particular, this incudes any issues on-site at client facilities, such as injury on duty or misuse of client property
•Responsible for market forecasting and planning which industries/ sectors to target in an allocated area
6. Strategic Input
•Contribute operations information and recommendations to the strategic plan, prepare and complete action plans, implement productivity, quality and customer-service
The Country Manager job demands a broad range of business skills including:
1. Must be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with some financial qualifications or training – a solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning is essential as this role involves agreeing on annual budgets as well as producing financial reports.
2. Must have a strong understanding of how a business operates and successful candidates will have a proven track record demonstrating their understanding and business acumen.
3. General management experience is essential for working in this job.
4. Must have excellent networking skills.
5. The ability to recruit staff and monitor performance.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people management, leadership, and both written and verbal communication skills.
7. Must be familiar with computer software programs e.g. Word, Excel etc.
8. A full clean driving license.
Job Closing Date 22/01/2019
Location: Gaborone, South-East District