To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Design and deliver innovative sourcing strategies and solutions to meet business growth needs and generate diverse pools of applicants whilst closely controlling cost bases.
- Guide the business on Resourcing planning (first principles).
- Translate business objectives into Resourcing plans and strategies, closely aligning them to the broader Resourcing and talent development agenda
- Conduct structured business needs discussions with hiring managers before candidate search commences, identifying the key role and candidate requirements, and agreeing the sourcing and selection strategy, SLA and respective roles and accountabilities, updating the JR accordingly
- Provide a full consultative service to line managers with regards to the recruitment industry and market trends.
- Improve candidate conversion rates (first offer made to acceptance ratio) through effectively diagnosing and selling the most relevant points for each individual.
- Deliver full compliance to employer brand governance process
- Use Taleo to drive the end-to-end Resourcing process, recording all relevant details associated to job requisitions and candidates in a timely manner, ensuring applicants are categorized effectively in the CV database for easy and fast retrieval, and regularly conducting system ‘housekeeping’
- Ensure all required approvals are obtained before offers are made
- For international moves: work with relevant stakeholders to determine the applicable international move policy type; initiate cost estimate generation and obtain hiring manager approval; prepare the business case for the international move and ensure completion of all move approval requirements (including supporting the business in setting appropriate move objectives and end of assignment plans). Attend new hire assignee briefing calls
- Proactively search for, identify, network with and directly contact active and passive job seekers, both internally and externally, for hard-to-hire, evergreen and specific vacancies, sourcing the very best candidates using a variety of channels that are aligned to and effectively communicate the employer brand including:
- Online advertising (careers website, external job board postings) and automated electronic candidate searches.
- Database mining, using social networking sites etc. Contacting potential candidates who have posted their information on the internet, consistently generating leads from applicants over the phone or face to face
- Networking at professional and trade events, and careers fairs, and partnering with Government Labour Agencies
- Develop multi-hire sourcing approaches and work in partnership with colleagues across the network to tap in to overseas sourcing channels and co-ordinate global campaigns
- Participate in intern, graduate and MA recruitment events and activities (e.g. careers fairs), as required. Refer any direct hire applicants who would have strong potential for a programme role
People and Talent
- Support the IM Operations team in managing exceptions requests for international moves, as required
- Negotiate offers between hiring managers, suppliers (where relevant) and candidates, assisting in the negotiation of release dates and backfill requirements where applicable.
- Work in partnership with Reward, IM and hiring managers to establish competitive, effective total reward packages in line with budgets and global policies
- Liaise with IM Operations to ensure timely assignment letter development / issuance
- Manage work permit applications and extensions for new hires and in-country transfers, where required
- Provide ad hoc support to the Cluster Head of Resourcing as required
- Ensure compliance with relevant operational and people risk controls, and employment legislation.
- Escalate any issues and risks, as appropriate so that they can be appropriately tracked and managed.
- Ensure the timely completion of Control Sample Tests (CST’s) and maintain a consistent state of audit readiness,
- Ensure that all hiring and Resourcing duties are done in line with the Bank’s Resourcing Policies & Standards.
- Ensure that all hiring and Resourcing duties adhere to all local employment practices, policies and legislation.
- Analyse dashboards, reports and MI to proactively monitor and interpret internal and external conditions, using these findings to deliver operational excellence and continuous improvement e.g. more effective and efficient channel management, candidate conversion
- Regular updates with HR BPs regarding JRs raised, work in progress etc.
- Agree and deliver direct sourcing and cost saving targets
- Deliver the budgeted resource plans for roles within assigned. business areas.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead Botswana to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Business Heads
- People Leaders
- Human Resources Business Partners
- Resourcing colleagues across the network.
- Immigration vendors
- Background Screening Vendors
- Build and demonstrate technical and market knowledge of the particular business unit(s) serviced. The working environment demands an ability to work in a fast paced, changing, international, matrix environment, while providing a quality client service. Some international travel may be required.
- Deliver full compliance to employer brand governance process
Our Ideal Candidate
- 1-3 Years of Resourcing/Talent Acquisition experience is required.
- Exposure to working in a large multinational firm (ideally Banking) would be preferable.
- Knowledge of the Botswana recruitment market & related trends is essential.
- Exposure to the full recruitment cycle (Sourcing, Interviewing, Screening, Offer Management, Reward Proposals).
- An understanding of the risks Banks and other Financial Institutions face in relation to Resourcing practices.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Taleo would be preferable but not essential.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.