Bummhi is a citizen led and governed non – governmental organization providing health systems strengthening services to the Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOHW). BUMMHI is an implementing partner of the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), through which it provides PEPFAR – funded HIV care and treatment technical assistance to MOHW.
Bummhi is advertising positions for multi-disciplinary teams that will work towards strengthening the HIV care and treatment cascade. These teams will contribute to the attainment of UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals for the achievement HIV epidemic control in Botswana and be deployed in the following districts: Gaborone, Goodhope, Moshupa, Kanye, South East, Kweneng East, Kgatleng, Mahalapye, Palapye, Serowe, Francistown, and Tutume.
Position Title: Data Clerks (35 positions)
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Districts listed
The data clerk will ensure that all HIV/AIDS related patient level and facility data is captured into the relevant databases. This role is based in a health facility.
This role reports to district M and E Officer and provides data management support for monitoring provision of services along the entire care continuum of HIV prevention, testing, care, and treatment.
Essential Job Functions
- Enters data timely and maintains up-to date databases
- Files completed patient charts and registers after data entry
- Maintains databases that have confidential clinical information secure
- Responsible for regular database backup
- Identifies errors and ensures that they are addressed
- Documents and discusses recurring data issues with the Health Information Analyst
- Generates progress reports per site and discusses with supervisor
- Rerrportdbte to the assigned office equipment end reporting tote for repair
- Diploma or Bachelors degree in social sciences, health information management or any health-related field
- 1 -2 years working experience in data management, research or related field
- Proficiency in use of a computer
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated good analytical and researching ability
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills with an ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and be result-oriented
- Able to work with very tight deadlines
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
i. All applications should be submitted electronically to [email protected] indicating the position applied for on the subject line.
ii. Applications should include 2 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone number(s) and email address.
iii. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
iv. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job.
v. Job related qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
vi. All applicants should include daytime phone number contact information
vii. Deadline for application is Friday, September 25th, 2020, 13:00 Hours, Botswana Time. Applications will be considered on rolling basis until the position is filled.
viii. Bummhi is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other personal status.
ix. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.