Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership is a collaborative research and training initiative between government of Botswana and the Harvard School of Public Health. BHP is dedicated to fight HIV/AIDS and related public health challenges through collaborative research, education and capacity building. We seek assertive, result oriented, strategic thinker with good interpersonal skills to fill in the Data Coordinator position tenable within our Clinical Trials Unit.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Study Coordinator, the successful candidate and will be expected will be expected to:
- Co-ordinate with study sites, ensuring proper completion of forms and answering data questions as needed
- Be familiar with study protocol in order to facilitate proper data gathering
- Train data capturers
- Perform initial training on forms completion best practices for study staff
- Head regular visits to study sites in the absence of the data manager
- Perform daily QA using DMS QA tools
- Handle lab result data
- Key complex data such as Diagnosis, Signs and Symptoms and SAE
- Handle and tracks site queries
- Handle eligibility errors
- Perform randomizations through the DMS
- Create new source documents templates for study visits and edit them as appropriate
- Assist in case report form formatting in Teleforms
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelors’ degree preferably in a field related to statistics, information systems management or any related qualification. In addition, the incumbent must have at least 2 years post qualification experience.
Qualified and competent individuals are requested to forward their detailed applications to:
Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership
Private Bag BO320
Closing date: 25 September 2018
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidate.