Bummhi is a citizen led and governed non – governmental organization providing health systems strengthening services to the Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOHW). BUMMHI is an implementing partner of the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), through which it provides PEPFAR – funded HIV care and treatment technical assistance to MOHW.
Bummhi is advertising positions for multi-disciplinary teams that will work towards strengthening the HIV care and treatment cascade. These teams will contribute to the attainment of UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals for the achievement HIV epidemic control in Botswana and be deployed in the following districts: Gaborone, Goodhope, Moshupa, Kanye, South East, Kweneng East, Kgatleng, Mahalapye, Palapye, Serowe, Francistown, and Tutume.
Position Title: Data Support Officer (18 positions)
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Lead
Location: Districts listed
The data support officer is responsible for reviewing site data quality, monitoring the availability and use of electronic medical records, and providing on-the-job mentorship for health care workers.
Essential Job Function
- Develop and maintain electronic medical record training log for all staff within supported facilities
- Support data quality assessment activities and corrective action within supported facilities
- Provide site level data quality training at all service delivery points
- Assist the district office to prepare HIV service delivery reports
- Diploma or Bachelors degree in social sciences, health information management or any health-related field
- 1 -2 years working experience in data management, research or related field
- Proficiency in the use of a computer
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical and researching ability
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and be result-oriented
- Able to work with very tight deadlines that may require long work hours
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
i. All applications should be submitted electronically to [email protected] indicating the position applied for on the subject line.
ii. Applications should include 2 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone number(s) and email address.
iii. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
iv. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job.
v. Job related qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
vi. All applicants should include daytime phone number contact information
vii. Deadline for application is Friday, September 25th, 2020, 13:00 Hours, Botswana Time. Applications will be considered on rolling basis until the position is filled.
viii. Bummhi is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other personal status.
ix. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.