The Post Holder will be expected to function as a Generator Technician dealing with day to day workload within the Technical Works Group. This will include Technical Site Visits, Generator Installations, Generator Maintenance and Services, Generator Factory Acceptance Tests and Maintenance and Repairs to our existing Rental Fleet. Services to be performed at sites across Botswana.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure efficient and effective maintenance services of Generator sets (Including servicing, troubleshooting, fault finding and repairs) to ensure the safety, reliability and operational effectiveness of all generators and control systems.
- Inspect, maintain, and repair electrical panels, circuit breakers, and other electrical components and wiring used in generator sets.
- Perform load bank testing on generator sets to ensure operation and reliability of equipment.
- Train Clients and Other Personnel in the proper and safe operation of power generation equipment.
- Work with the Purchasing Department in maintaining adequate inventory of parts, materials and tooling.
- Work with the Quotation Department in providing detailed costs on estimates for works to be carried out.
- Responsible for operation, preventative maintenance and repairs of a fleet of Rental Generators.
- Provide emergency call-out services for generators and working beyond official hours as and when required.
- Assist in preparing generators for delivery as needed.
- Assist with other duties as required.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous Power Generation experience.
- Experience with Digital Generator Set Controllers such as Deep Sea Electronics or ComAp.
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Understanding of BPC Installation and Licensing regulations.
- Excellent communication skills with a flexible, adaptable approach to working.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure without supervision and as a team.
- Ability to interact well with superiors and subordinates professionally.
- Good AC and DC electrical aptitude and the ability to read and understand electrical schematics and diagrams.
- Valid Drivers License.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous experience with rigging of equipment for the removal/installation of major components.
- Ability to operate a Forklift up to 5 Ton.
- Must be eligible to apply and be issued with a PRDP License.
- Employees are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to the Local Employment Law of Botswana.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
Type of Position – Permanent, pending successful probation period performance evaluation.
Start Date – Vacancies currently open for immediate recruitment.
WE ARE STILL MAKING CVs FOR P100. COVER LETTERS FOR P50
Pay with FNB EWallet to 76981238 or Orange Money on number 76981238 or Mascom MyZaka on number com MyZaka 71431046
Whatsapp us on +26776981238?
Compensation – Competitive Based on Experience.
Location – Gaborone, Botswana.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
How To Apply:
All applications must be addressed to "The Director" and labelled "Confidential". Please include a cover letter with motivation as to why you would be a suitable candidate for the position.
Candidates can electronically submit their CV's with relevant documentation to email@example.com . Hard copy applications may be physically delivered to Generators @ Botswana, Plot 20626 Samedupe Road, Block 3 Industrial, Gaborone.