Facility Case Tracking Officer x73
The Center for International Health Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB) in Botswana operating under the Botswana University of Maryland School of Medicine Health Initiative (BUMMHI) began operations in April 2015 through a PEPFAR funded co-operative agreement through CDC Botswana known as the Botswana Partnership for Advanced Clinical Education (BPACE) to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and Wellness at national, district and facility level for treatment expansion of ART services and improving service quality.
In April 2017, BUMMHI was funded by CDC Botswana through a grant known as FEDISA- HIV (“End HIV” in Setswana) to provide community HIV testing and linkage to treatment in six PEPFAR scale- up or priority districts. Starting October 2017, BUMMHI commenced the implementation of the “DREAMS-like” program for HIV prevention among young girls and women to ensure that they are Determined Resilient Empowered AIDS-Free Mentored and Safe (DREAMS). BUMMHI implements programs along the entire care continuum of HIV prevention, testing, care and treatment.
BUMMHI is advertising for the following position to support its work in the Country and invites qualified candidates to apply:
Compliments of the New Year to all Jobs Botswana Subscribers.
Get your CV and Cover letter done for P100.
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
Position Title: Facility Case Tracking Officer x73
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duty: BUMMHI Districts
This role Facility Case Tracking Officer, functions primarily to ensure linkage and retention of all identified HIV positive clients across the continuum of HIV services.
Essential Job Functions are as follows
• Maintain an up-to-date register of patients identified from HIV testing and record their outcome
• Link patients from HIV testing to treatment
• Educate patients on the patient flow in the clinics
• Direct patients to where they need to go for required services within the facility
• Follow-up patients who are not linked to treatment and collaborate with community organizations, where necessary, to undertake home visits and return the patients to clinic
• Work with community-based support groups to link HIV positive patients to care
• Prepare and submit required reports on patient linkage to treatment as requested
• Escort identified HIV patients from wards to IDCC for linkage to treatment
• Check availability of viral load results in patient charts and flag files that are missing results or have detectable viral load (where necessary support the site personnel to file viral results in patient charts)
• Check the documentation of test results in the baby testing register and flag the records missing details for the clinical staff to attend
• Collaborate with HEAs to ensure that all Wellness Cards for babies at CWC have been checked for HIV status to ensure all HEI are tested at 6 weeks
Qualification and Experience
• O’ Level / BGCSE
• Certificate in any health related course may be an added advantage
• Speak both Setswana and English well
• Good communication skills, knowledge of HIV management, counselling skills, team player, motivated and take initiative
• Previous work in IDCC will be an added advantage
• Basic computer skills
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
i. All applications should be submitted electronically to: email@example.com indicating the position applied for on the subject line.
ii. Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 3 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone and email address.
iii. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
iv. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
v. Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
vi. All applicants should include daytime phone contact information.
vii. Deadline for application is Wednesday, September 26th, 2018, 1700 hours Botswana Time. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
viii. BUMMHI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other status variable.
ix. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.