Job Number: 8222
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
British American Tobacco is currently recruiting a strong finance professional to join our team based in Gaborone, Botswana as a Finance Manager on a permanent basis.
Job purpose and key deliverables:
- To develop a finance strategy which is aligned to and supports the company vision. To lead the development and delivery of excellent finance practices to ensure that this strategy is achieved in the short, medium and long term.
- To direct planning activities for the company and identify resource requirements to deliver the operational finance plan. To identify business priorities and ensure that finance activities are delivered in such a way as to add maximum value to the business.
- To increase the level of finance/commercial awareness within all levels of the non-finance function.
- To contribute to the overall company strategy on the domestic market level sharing full responsibility for the overall success of the company.
- Develop an adequate risk management policy, which allows continuity of operations and protects investments.
- Develop finance strategy and direction to focus commercial decisions and resources toward achieving key financial objectives.
- Ensure active and high standard of value added and central finance support commensurate with business requirements and functional needs.
- Direct the development of financial business plan in terms of revenue, cost, resource levels and priorities in association with end market/ above market management teams and ensure these are incorporated timeously into the annual budget and other planning processes.
- Develop finance skills and recruit, train and develop staff to achieve improved service levels and efficiencies.
- Ensure capital effectiveness and treasury systems are maintained and improved towards best utilization of assets.
- University degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or CA, ACCA or CIMA.
- 7 – 10 years finance / Accounting experience in a multi-National finance environment in a management role
- Business understanding and awareness of all other functions and their interface with Finance.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to co-ordinate End Market resources and initiatives.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Contractual Legal Entity: BAT Botswana (BW10)