ADVERTISEMENT (2 Years Contract)
Vacancy position- Finance Officer – Gaborone Branch
The Botswana Family Welfare Association (BOFWA) is looking to fill the position of Finance Officer at its Gaborone Office. BOFWA is a leading national non-governmental organization working in the field of sexual and reproductive health information and services and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It has five branches across the country and has built strong partnerships with Community Based Organizations, other non -governmental organizations and groups of vulnerable underserved populations. BOFWA has pioneered and is continually expanding provision of information and services to Adolescents and young people as well as other vulnerable and underserved populations.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of Degree in Accounting and Professional qualification – AAT. Must be registered with BICA
- All respondents to be highly computer literate and conversant with the latest audit/accounting ware soft in use Case ware and Pastel.
- Minimum 3-5 years and prior experience with non-profit organization’s preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at branches essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decision based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity, team player and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
Keys of proficiency
- Provide training & orientation to sub recipients on donor rules & regulations as well as the organization’s policies and procedures
- Ensure credibility of finance function by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends forecasts and generate monthly sub recipient budget to actual reports and circulate timeously.
- Insure effective internal controls are in place and compliance with GAAP and applicable regulatory laws and rules of financial and tax reporting.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the organization risk profile
- Maintain relationships with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Grant management, banking relationships & facilitate the sub-agreements close out process
Applicants must provide the following:
- Detailed current Curriculum Vitae & BICA membership Certificate
- Certified copies of Academic and professional Certificate and Omang copy & two work related references
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Applications must be emailed to: [email protected] not later than 30th October 2020.
Hand deliver to: Botswana Family Welfare Association (BOFWA) Plot 23769, Phase 4, Gaborone. Phone 3900489
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.