Successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to):
– Maintains accounts to produce and provide timely and accurate accounting information.
– Review monthly balance sheet reconciliation.
– Prepare and manage budgets and forecasts.
– Performs and monitors all expenditures, journal and ledger entries, bank statements, account activity and other accounting and financial records.
– Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
– Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
– Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
– Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
– Reviewing and processing journals, plant hours and procurement requisition in JDE.
– Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
– Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
– Prepares and/or exercises control over the preparation of financial statements, estimates, summaries, financial analyses, management reports and cost control reports for expense or funding problems.
– Ensure petty cash returns are in compliance with company policy and liaise with site on queries. Assistance to buying department with procurement and credit applications.
B. com Accounting Degree
– Minimum 4-5 years’ financial accounting experience
– Experience in managing a finance and administration function
– Experience with creating financial statements and completion of tax calculations and tax returns
– Previous financial and management experience in the Construction/Engineering industry would be advantageous