The incumbent’s main responsibility will be to ensure the business risk management framework is effectively applied and to manage business and IT resilience/continuity, security and quality management by providing a diverse range of organizational functions. They will also serve to communicate key insights and act as an access point for information flows and exchanges.
The individual will primarily be responsible for, but not limited to the following;
- Provide specialist input and support in the development and implementation of FNB wide IT risk strategy and plan taking into consideration key IT risks and issues prevalent across the business. This includes the continuous assessment of IT risk issues to identify trends requiring FNB wide solutions
- Provide effective contingency and risk management strategies, tools and methodologies to minimize or prevent the risk of loss as a result of Information Technology processes based on findings from analysis of usage and practices of Information Technology applications and systems across the Bank.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements and provide guidance and support of process based IT risk and control assessments.
- Lead or partner with business and IT in assessment of IT risks for key/assigned IT risk projects including mitigation and resolution strategies.
- Benchmark current IT practices against the IT risk management framework and adjust practices as and when necessary.
- Assess, identify and mitigate potential risks within the IT environment and comply with governance in terms of industry best practices, legislative, audit and business policy requirements.
- Establish a sound risk management culture through awareness of campaigns and trainings to influence behaviour and drive the importance of compliance to set policies and procedures.
- End to end management of the reporting process and consolidation for regular internal and periodic reporting to communicate an accurate and complete view of the IT risk profile in a manner that guides actionable management decisions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Information Technology and/or IT Risk Management Degree or related.
- Certification in any of the following will be an advantage CRISC, CISA, CISSP, CISM or CIA
- Minimum five years experience in banking at management level with relevant IT, risk, auditing and governance.
- Understand the software development cycle.
- Proficiency in IT management, IT governance, IT architecture, risk management and business resilience good practice including, but not limited to Cobit X, ISO standards, COSO Standards and others.
- Knowledge of business continuity and IT disaster recovery management
Closing date and application instructions
Interested applicants are requested to go on www.firstrandjobs.co.bw and upload their curriculum Vitae’s (CV’s) no later than 22nd June 2018.