VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT- FOOD SCIENCE TECHNICIAN
Ultimex Holdings (Pty) Ltd, a Company in the food manufacturing industry (milling) based in Ramotswa, would like to invite experienced, professional, innovative and result oriented individuals to apply for the position of Food Science Technician and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform standardized qualitative and quantitative tests and to determine physical or chemical properties of food products.
- Analyze test results to classify products, or compare results with standard tables.
- Compute moisture or salt content, percentages of ingredients, formulas, or other product factors, using mathematical and chemical procedures.
- Conduct standardized tests on food, additives, and preservatives in order to ensure compliance with standards and regulations regarding factors such as colour, texture, and nutrients.
- Provide assistance in research and development, production technology, and quality control.
- Mix, blend, or cultivate ingredients in order to make reagents or to manufacture food
- Inspect foodstuffs, chemicals, and additives to determine whether they are safe and have the proper combination of ingredients.
- Test food, food additives, and food containers to ensure they comply with established safety standards
- Check food for colour, consistency, fat content, caloric content, and nutrients.
Competencies and skills:
- Quality Control Process and Analysis
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo.
- Exposure to and experience in GMP ( Good Manufacturing Practice)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Numerical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science Technology
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Well versed with BOBS Standards
- Experience in a manufacturing environment will be an added advantage