We are looking for suitably qualified, highly motivated, talented, innovative, dynamic team players capable of working both collaboratively and independently and must have a high level of integrity and strong commitment to project implementation.
The positions are based at the Zone 5 mine site between Maun and Sehithwa. Therefore, you must have interest and ability to work in remote regions in a context of multicultural work environment.
While developing the first mechanised mine in Botswana, we offer a great and stimulating work environment, great culture, good benefits, a competitive salary and family-friendly rosters.
Closing date: 07th August 2020
WE ARE STILL MAKING CVs FOR P100. COVER LETTERS FOR P50
Pay with FNB EWallet to 76981238 or Orange Money on number 76981238 or Mascom MyZaka on number com MyZaka 71431046
Whatsapp us on +26776981238?
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The Graduate Engineer Trainee will be responsible for completing all tasks assigned by the Supervisor, assisting other Engineers with projects, conducting research, and writing reports..
To be successful as a Graduate Engineer Trainee, you should have a growth mindset and a commitment to lifelong learning. Outstanding candidates should be highly observant, willing to assist wherever possible, and eager to readily engage with Engineers outside of their area of specialization.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be responsible for:
- Adhering to the Company SHEC rules and procedures throughout the working day, and undertaking necessary remedial action in accordance with laid down company rules;
- Reporting any SHEC incidents to relevant authorities immediately, and providing evidence of incidents witnessed during investigations;
- Implementing action items arising from SHEC audits by taking corrective actions on identified deviations
- Creating plans and designs in Deswik
- Understanding project requirements and completing all duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Establishing professional relationships with other staff and maintaining a high degree of professionalism and diligence.
- Providing input for monthly reporting
- Shadowing senior staff members, and assisting wherever possible.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE:
- BSc or BEng in Mining Engineering
- Must have maintained an average academic achievement of 65% or above
- Knowledge of the Mines Health and Safety Act
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good IT skills
- A growth mindset and willingness to accept criticism.
- Previous work experience is NOT required
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your CV and motivation to Vice President Human Resources and Communications at.
NB: Write ONLY the title of the position you are applying for on the subject line.
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to provide educational documents such as certificates and other pertinent documents as needed. Failure to provide the required documentation will result the rejection of their application from further consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted