Situated in Gaborone, Retail Group (Pty) Ltd is a subsidiary of Famous Brands Limited, Africa’s largest branded food service franchisor. Our portfolio consists of 7 Quick Service and Casual Dining brands represented by a network of 37 restaurants across Botswana.
We seek to appoint an experienced, highly skilled and self-driven individual with a proven track record to the I position of Head of Finance.
The purpose of the position is to manage the organizations accounting and financial control functions, to lead the accounting team, report on revenue and budgeting, manage risk, implement policies and establish a financial strategy for the profitable long-term growth of the business.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Financial reporting to shareholders and strategic level involvement with stakeholders.
- Maintaining an accurate set of accounting records, including monthly management accounts for the group.
- Maintaining continuous financial audit and control systems to monitor the performance of the group, its flow of funds, the adherence to the budget, income, expenditure, cost of sales and other budgetary items.
- Prepanng annual budgets, other budgets, financial plans, business plans, feasibility studies, investment memoranda and all other financial and business documents as may be required for the group.
- Overseeing the annual financial audit, including reporting deadlines and requirements of a JSE listed parent company.
- Maintaining relationships with strategic partners, banks, suppliers, etc.
- Overseeing the company payroll function on VIP Payroll.
- Managing the cash flow needs of the business, and analysis of cash related accounts.
- Full tax management: VAT. Income tax, Deferred tax, Withholding tax, Customs tax etc.
- Examining, testing and improving internal control systems of the organization on an on-going basis.
- Managing the fixed assets of the group, including the Fixed Asset Register, repairs & maintenance. Capex, disposals, fleet management etc.
- Managing the insurance cover of the group, including renewals, claims, risk exposure, etc.
- Ensuring statutory requirements are met and that statutory records are kept up to date,
- Foreign exchange management, hedging exchange rate benefits and maintaining forex cash flow needs.
- Qualification: Chartered Accountant or CIMA qualification.
- 5 years’ experience in financial leadership role, ideally in the retail industry.
- Exposure to the requirements of a listed entity ideal.
- Microsoft Excel advanced level.
- MS Office.
- Pastel and VIP Payroll, with Sage exposure being preferential.
Communication will be made with shortlisted candidates only.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
An attractive remuneration package is offered to suitably qualified candidate.
Applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com with 'HEAD OF FINANCE" as the subject of the email, by 28th July 2019.